Are you ready to achieve more in 2019? Create a vision board. Many people have received great results using a vision board to help them visualize their goals. A vision board is a collage you put together with images, affirmations and other items to help you visualize your goals. In my recent vision board workshop, I shared with the attendees a strategy for achieving success. I wanted them to understand, that their vision was more than items on a board. It was important that they follow the vision with a clear plan. For those of you thinking about creating a vision board for your 2019 goals, I want to share the smart principle with you. The Smart Principle stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely.
As you navigate 2019, it is important that you set clear goals, and review and revise your plan accordingly. Here are some tips I recommend:
- Be specific about your goals. As you identify your goals for the year, determine what goal is important for 2019, and what goal is important for 2020. Also, make sure that these are your goals and not someone else’s.
- Create a plan that allows you to measure success. Also, determine what tracking mechanism you will use?
- Identify goals that are attainable. If your goal is to start a business, what steps must you take to achieve success?
- Create goals that are realistic and start the process. If you want to go back to school, it is important that you choose a school and enroll.
- Set a time limit for completion.
When you use a process for your goals, you provide yourself a method for achieving success. We all can struggle to achieve goals, however when we have a clear direction, we allow ourselves the best opportunity for success. Please enjoy a video I created on the smart principle.
Stay focused, stay committed.
Dr. Regina Banks-Hall