Can you believe it, we are quickly approaching the end of the year. Today, I had time to think about my 2018 goals and determined, that I had a pretty good year. I began to think about all the goals I accomplished, and the few goals that are still on my list. I realized that one of my strategies was living life to the fullest.
As I sit here thinking about what living life to the fullest truly means, I want to share my Version of this today.
- Do not allow others to control you. It is important that you make the rules.
- Follow your own path. Sometimes we allow other people’s opinions to derail our progress. We allow them to determine our steps. When they determine your steps they control your destiny.
- Take chances on yourself. One of my goals this year was to create an online course. It required a lot of commitment but I finished, and now the course is available on Udemy. Now I am working on my second course. I took a chance on myself and it paid off.
- Identify something that scares you, and make a conscious effort to overcome it. When you face that fear, you free yourself to move forward. This may require a change in jobs, relationships or business opportunities.
- Let go of past hurts and mistakes, so you can grow. At the beginning of the year, I put some experiences and some people behind me. I knew that the only way for me to move forward with my business goals, was to let go of some pain and press toward my purpose. It was the best decision I ever made.
As we wrap up the year, think about some of the things that you can still do to move forward with your life. Make an effort to accomplish one goal and use that achievement as a jump start to your successful 2019.
Dr. Regina Banks-Hall